Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Mail Call!




















I have two pen pals, Rach and Gillian, who I designed stationery for last year.  They both work for Law & Order: SVU in the production office and when they have a little down time (which isn't often) they send me a letter or two.  This past week I've received a sweet little card from Rach on her yummy Present & Correct stationery and a postagram from Gillian! How lucky can one girl get?  Scroll down to see the stationery I designed for Rach and Gilly.


I started each set by creating a personalized coat of arms.  Gillian's motto is "ex astris scientia" which translates as "From the stars, knowledge." Gillian is fascinated by our universe and she's a big fan of Star Trek so I thought this motto would be perfect for her, especially since it's the fictional motto of Starfleet Academy.





Rachel's motto, "alis volat propriis," is Latin for "She flies with her own wings."  I thought is was perfect for Rach since she's one of the most self-sufficient and independent ladies I know and I really admire her for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment